As you all know, most of the countries taken big measurements to avoid COVID-19 (coronavirus) spread further and unfortunately, the situation is getting more serious every day.
We want to inform you that we continue direct shipments from Turkey and still keep stocks ready in the Netherlands for most of the products (but availability is getting lower).
There are few points which you need to be aware of:
- Due to security actions taken by our warehouse in the Netherlands, there may be delays in processing your orders.
- Especially for partial loads (LCL), finding a truck is getting more difficult for shipments both in and out of Europe.
- We hear some of the trucks are stuck in Italy and not able to get back to Turkey.
Most of the trucks going from Turkey to Europe are passing through Trieste / Italy via Ro-Ro vessels.
- Depending on the product’s origin, producers may not be able to work so it may cause delays for production of the contracted orders (right now mostly in China and Italy).
- Due to additional border controls, please expect delays for extra tests of health authorities and waiting time for all shipments (road/air/sea).
- The possibility of doing prompt shipments may change anytime based on the security actions/decisions of Dutch and Turkish governments.
We strongly suggest our customers check their stock levels and plan for a mid-term as we can not guarantee if logistics companies, ports, suppliers will be allowed to continue working in the coming weeks.
We will continue to monitor the situation and do our best to serve you as usual and will keep you updated on further developments.
You can see our full product list and also our ready-in-stock products in the Netherlands at the links below. If you’d like to speak with one of our traders for more information, feel free to contact us.